Thanks

Default information about undara lava tubes

hi guys my name is Craig i am about to undertake a trip to cape york with friends and family in a couple of weeks i am in final stages of preperation and planning I am chasing some suggestions for our final legs of the trip i wish to come down through mareeba staying the night thing travel on to either mount garnet or undara i am chasing some suggestions on accomodation around undara i understand there is a caravan park at mount garnet but not sure what is available at undara obviously my main reason for going here is to take a tour of the lava tubes i also wish to spend a relaxing time at innot hot springs on our way after our 30 days up north, the rest of the attactions between mareeba and undarra arent that important for us to see as we have been up on the tablelands before and will most certainly return many times in the future. however having this trouble in wear to stay on this leg so please post some suggestions for us i will also keep u informed on how our trip goes as we progress.

thanks heaps for any suggestions.
    Craig.

Banned
    Thanks

Hey Craig welcome aboard the site. We did the trip to the Cape in September last year and the year before that did the trip back from Kurumba and visited the Lava Caves. As for staying at the caves it really depends on how you are travelling. We had two families towing camper trailers. We tried to get a camp site at Undura however they were fully booked up. We ended up setting up the camper trailers on the side of the road next to the turn off for the night and then travelling in the next morning which we found was quite alright.

Ken